Monday, July 25, 2011

An Apology when it's due...actually it's LONG Overdue

So, back to business hmm? Yes I think so.

While It's still fresh in my mind, I wanted to send a huge apology for saying that Ryan Strome shouldn't have been picked at number 5. I advocated a lot of guys ahead of him and even advocated trading down for multiple firsts.

While I personally want to see Strome repeat his amazing point total again in the OHL (I live in a perpetual baseball mindset where a great season from a prospect in the minors can eventually go horribly horribly wrong), I was wrong for ever doubting that Strome would be a huge piece...I put more faith in the 4 guys picked ahead of him (I hate the hockey hell that Jonathan Huberdeau will be subjected to in FLA). For that I Apologize.

No, I will not show, again, the sick goal that Strome came up with at the Islanders Blue and White Scrimmage. Personally, if he did that in an actual game, as a rookie, the opposing team would probably send someone after him next game...but that's just paranoia.

Anyway, Strome is excited to be a part of the future here, is one hell of a player, and the recipient of a huge apology on my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment