Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Welcome Aboard, I'll try not to bore you

Good Evening, or Morning, whichever.

I'm Matt, I'm a big time Islanders fan who's taking a stab at writing about the Islanders farm system from Bridgeport to Odessa and our draft picks in college and juniors, and if possible internationally (right now only Kirill Petrov and Anders Nilsson, if there's anyone else, please feel free to let me know). I can be found live tweeting Islanders games, but I take to hockeydb.com to find updates on prospects usually tweeting them out and letting them be lost in the Twitterverse. Now I'll attempt to organize my thoughts in this blog.

I will start off by saying that I am in no way affiliated with the New York Islanders, a member of their Blog Box and such things. Also I am unable to watch many (if any) of these prospects, so it's numbers and news stories and the like. While I'd love to be able to travel to Mississauga and watch Casey Cizikas or travel to UND and update you on Jason Gregorie and Brock Nelson, I am unable to. I will however offer up their current numbers, any relevant news and my take on these prospects either helping the big squad or being used to augment the big squad.

Eventually I may branch out and discuss the draft (depending on how long I run this thing for) and discussing who the Isles have picked, but I'm not sure if I'll go round by round, or whatever. Also I'll look at players on all three affiliates squads and highlight who I think are players to watch. My first Post won't be about a young up and comer, I will promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment